How to restore my Apple iPhone 4S
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can use iTunes to restore your Apple iPhone 4S from a previous backup.
Note: Restoring from backup is different from performing a full software restore. Restoring from backup restores the settings, data and other information saved in a previous backup. Performing a full software restore will delete the contents of your device and restore it to the original factory settings.
In this example, we use iTunes v126.96.36.199.
- 1. Connect the Apple iPhone 4S to the computer. On the computer, select your Apple iPhone 4S.
- 2. Select Restore Backup…
Note: iTunes will not offer this option if no backups have been performed.
- 3. Use the drop-down menu to select a backup, then select Restore.
- 4. Wait while the backup is restored.
- 5. Click OK.
- 6. Wait while the Apple iPhone 4S is synced.
- 7. The restoration is complete and the Apple iPhone 4S can be disconnected from the computer.