How to use Copy My Data on my Apple iPhone 4S
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- The Copy My Data app will allow the easy transfer of contacts, pictures and other information to your new Apple iPhone 4S from your old phone.
Note: Both devices need to have the app installed. In this example we will use an Android device to transfer data from.
- 1. On the Apple iPhone 4S scroll to and touch Copy My Data.
- 2. Touch OK.
If you don't select OK over the next few screens then the app will not allow the copying of some data (contacts, calendar, reminders and photos) to your Apple iPhone 4S.
- 3. Touch Next.
- 4. Touch To or From Another Device Over WiFi.
Note: Both devices need to have Wi-Fi turned on and be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Select Backup or Restore from Google Drive if you would prefer to use Google Drive to transfer the data.
- 5. On the Android device, touch Apps.
- 6. Scroll to and touch Copy My Data.
- 7. Touch Next.
- 8. On the Apple iPhone 4S, the Android device will show up in a list of devices. Touch the name of the Android device.
- 9. Touch Copy data from selected device.
- 10. Touch the text input area.
- 11. Enter the PIN shown on the Android device.
- 12. Touch Next.
- 13. On the Android device, select the items you want to transfer.
- 14. Touch Next.
- 15. Wait while the items are transferred.
- 16. When everything is transferred a summary will be shown on both devices. Press the Home button to exit.