How to restore a backup on my Apple iPhone 5S using iTunes
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- You can use iTunes to restore your Apple iPhone 5S from a previous backup. In this example, we use iTunes v220.127.116.11.
Note: Restoring from backup is different from performing a full software restore. Restoring from backup restores the settings, data and other information saved in a previous backup. Performing a full software restore will delete the contents of your device and restore it to the original factory settings.
- 1. On the computer, start iTunes.
- 2. Connect the iPhone 5S to the computer. In iTunes, select the iPhone 5S.
- 3. Click Restore Backup…
Note: iTunes will not offer this option if no backups have been performed.
- 4. Use the drop-down menu to select a backup, then click Restore.
- 5. Wait while the backup is restored.
- 6. Click OK.
- 7. Wait while the iPhone is synced.
- 8. The iPhone has been restored and it can be disconnected from the computer.