How to set up my Apple iPhone 5S with iTunes
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Before you can use your Apple iPhone 5S, you will need to activate it. If you have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can connect and activate over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, you will need a computer and iTunes.
If you donʼt have iTunes on your computer, youʼll need to download and install it. In this example, weʼve used iTunes v126.96.36.199.
Please note: The steps may differ depending on the options selected. Simply follow the prompts on the Apple iPhone 5S to complete the setup.
- 1. Press the Home button to begin.
- 2. Touch the desired language.
- 3. Touch the desired country or region.
- 4. Touch Connect to iTunes.
- 5. Connect the Apple iPhone 5S to the computer using the USB cable. Launch iTunes if it doesn't launch automatically.
- 6. In iTunes, ensure Set up as new iPhone is selected and click Continue.
- 7. Click Get Started.
- 8. The Apple iPhone 5S has been activated and you can continue setup on the phone.
- 9. Touch the desired option, e.g., Enable Location Services.
- 10. Touch the desired option, e.g., touch the Home button to set up Touch ID.
- 11. Lift and rest your finger on the Home button repeatedly. The fingerprint image will turn red as your fingerprint is captured.
- 12. Touch Continue.
- 13. Lift and rest the edge of your finger on the Home button repeatedly.
- 14. Touch Continue.
- 15. Enter a six-digit passcode.
- 16. Re-enter the passcode to confirm it.
- 17. Touch the desired option, e.g., Set Up as New iPhone.
- 18. Enter your Apple ID.
- 19. Touch Password.
- 20. Enter your password.
- 21. Touch Next.
- 22. Wait while your Apple ID is set up.
- 23. Touch Agree.
- 24. Wait while your Apple ID is set up.
- 25. Touch the desired option, e.g., Use iCloud Security Code.
- 26. Enter your iCloud security code.
- 27. Enter the verification code (sent to the number registered with iCloud).
- 28. To set up Siri, touch Continue and follow the prompts on the phone.
- 29. Once Siri is set up, touch Continue.
- 30. Touch the desired option, e.g., Send to Apple.
- 31. Touch the desired option, e.g., Share with App Developers.
- 32. Touch Get Started.