How to set up Touch ID on my Apple iPhone 5S
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- The Apple iPhone 5S has a Touch ID fingerprint sensor located in the Home button. Once itʼs set up, you can use Touch ID to unlock your phone from standby mode. You can also use Touch ID to authorize purchases in the iTunes Store, App Store and iBooks Store.
- 1. Touch Settings.
- 2. Scroll to and touch Touch ID & Passcode.
- 3. If a passcode has not been set, then touch Turn Passcode On.
- 4. Enter a six-digit passcode.
- 5. Re-enter the passcode to confirm it.
- 6. Touch Add a Fingerprint…
- 7. Read the message and place your finger on the Home button to continue.
- 8. Lift and rest your finger on the Home button repeatedly. The fingerprint image will turn red as your fingerprint is captured.
- 9. Read the message and touch Continue.
- 10. Lift and rest the edge of your finger on the Home button repeatedly.
- 11. Touch Continue.
- 12. Touch ID has been set up.