How to perform a hard reset when my Apple iPhone 6S is unresponsive
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- If the Apple iPhone 6S becomes unresponsive or doesnʼt perform as expected, you can perform a hard reset to return it to the factory default state. If you donʼt have iTunes on your computer, youʼll need to download and install it.
Warning: A hard reset will delete your data, apps and settings.
- 1. Ensure the iPhone is off.
- 2. On the computer, start iTunes.
- 3. Insert the USB cable, then hold the Home key while the phone automatically connects to iTunes.
- 4. On the computer, when prompted that there is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored, click Restore.
- 5. Click Restore and Update.
- 6. iTunes will begin to restore your iPhone.
- 7. The Apple iPhone 6S has been restored (reset) successfully.
- After resetting the Apple iPhone 6S, you may need to reactivate the SIM card using iTunes.