Syncing/ Pairing your JoyCon Controller
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- 1. To sync pair your JoyCon controller, remove them from the Switch.
For more information, see the “Attaching/ Removing the JoyCon Controllers” topic.
- 2. Scroll to System Settings and press A.
- 3. Scroll to Controllers and Sensors and press A.
- 4. Scroll to Change Controller Grip/Order and press A.
- 5. To pair the controllers, press the Sync Buttons on the Rails of JoyCon controllers (Left and Right).
- 6. Once paired, press the L and R Buttons on the JoyCon controllers.
- 7. For single player mode, press the ZL and ZR Buttons on the JoyCon controllers.
- 8. For multiplayer mode, turn the JoyCon controllers sideways and press the SL and SR Buttons.
- 9. Order is controlled by which side of the JoyCon controller has been setup first, it is indicated by corresponding LEDs on the Switch screen and Rail of the JoyCon controller.