Restore PS3 System Software
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- 1. From the PS3 XMB Home screen scroll to Settings.
- 2. Scroll to System Settings and press the X button
Scroll to Restore PS3 System and press the X button.
- 4. Scroll to Yes and then press the X button.
You will now have the following options:
Quick Format — The format option will be completed in the shortest amount of time, but the least amount of processing will be done. If a specialised tool is used, it may be possible for some deleted data to be restored.
Full Format — All data on the hard disk will be removed.
- 6. Select the desired option (E.g. Quick Format) and press the X button.
Scroll to Yes and press the X button.
- 8. Your console will now restore the System Settings.
- 9. Press the X button to restart your console.