Console freezing in general operation
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
The console freezes and becomes unresponsive in general operation. For example when browsing through menus or installing software.
- 1. The fault is often caused by a Blu-ray disc or game being in the disc drive whilst downloading or installing content from the PlayStation store.
- 2. Remove the disc by pressing the Eject Disc button on the console.
- 3. Restart your console by pressing the Power button and try the download again.
- 4. You can also check your PlayStation has the most up to date software.For more information please see: Installing System Updates.
- 5. If the fault persists and there is no system software update, restore your console to default settings.For more information see the How to Restore Default Settings topic.