No Picture or Sound — How do I change the resolution
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
Continual blue pulsing light on the console and no picture or sound. This can indicate there maybe a compatibility issue with your TV resolution.
- 1. Make sure the console is turned off to standby.
- 2. Press and hold the Power button for 7 seconds until the power light turns white.
- 3. When prompted on screen, connect the controller via USB and press the PS button.
- 4. Scroll to Change Resolution and press the X button.
- 5. Your console will restart and set the screen resolution to 480p. You will need to optimise the video output to suit your TV. From the Home screen Dashboard press Up on the controller.
- 6. Scroll to Settings and press the X button.
- 7. Scroll to Sound and Screen and press the X button.
- 8. Scroll to Video Output Settings and press the X button.
- 9. Scroll to Resolution and press the X button.
- 10. Select a resolution suitable for your TV and press the X button.Do not select 1080p if your TV is not HD Ready.