How to turn app automatic downloads on/off on my Apple iPhone 6
To avoid unexpected data usage, you can stop apps from updating automatically. Switch cellular data off completely so that your Apple iPhone 6 will only update apps over Wi-Fi.
1. Touch Settings.
2. Scroll to and touch iTunes & App Store.
3. Touch Updates to change the setting (e.g., from on to off).
4. Automatic updates are now off.
Touch Updates again to turn it on.
5. To switch data off completely so that your Apple iPhone 6 will only update apps over Wi-Fi, touch Use Mobile Data.
6. Data services are now off.
Touch Use Mobile Data again to turn data services on.