How to share my Apple iPhone 5S Internet connection with a computer
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- Tethering lets you share the Internet connection from your Apple iPhone 5S with a computer. Please note that youʼll be using data from your mobile service and charges may apply.
In this example, we used a Windows® 7 computer. In step 8, we selected “Home network” because we know and trust both the Apple iPhone 5S and the computer.
- 1. Connect the Apple iPhone 5S to the computer using the USB cable.
- 2. Touch Settings.
- 3. Touch Personal Hotspot.
- 4. Touch the slider to activate the Personal Hotspot.
- 5. If you see this screen, touch Bluetooth and USB Only.
- 6. The Apple iPhone 5S is now tethered.
- 7. On the computer, wait for the device drivers to install and then click Home network.
- 8. Wait while the computer automatically applies the settings and connects to the network.
- 9. Setup is complete. Click Close.