How to turn on/off automatic app updates on my Apple iPhone 5S
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- With the automatic downloads feature, your Apple iPhone 5S can update apps automatically when new versions are available. To avoid unexpected data usage, you can disable this feature or change the data setting so that apps only update over Wi-Fi.
- 1. Touch Settings.
- 2. Scroll to and touch iTunes & App Store.
- 3. Touch Updates to change the setting (e.g., from on to off).
- 4. Automatic updates are now off.
Touch Updates again to turn it on.
- 5. To disable data usage for automatic updates (and other automatic downloads), touch Use Mobile Data.
- 6. Data usage is now off for automatic updates; only Wi-Fi will be used.
Touch Use Mobile Data again to turn on data usage.