How to Initialize PS4 via Safe Mode
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
- IMPORTANT: Initialise PS4 will erase all data from your console, remember to backup all data before proceeding
- 1. Make sure the console is turned off to standby.
- 2. Press and hold the Power button for 7 seconds until the power light turns white.
- 3. Connect the controller via USB and press the PS button.
- 4. Scroll to Initialise PS4 and press the X button.IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. Deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to factory state. (This option is the same as Initialise PS4 in the settings menu). System software (firmware) is not deleted or rolled back.
- 5. Scroll to Yes and press the X button.
- 6. Your console will begin the Initialise process. Once complete your console will restart.
- 7. Alternatively, select Initialise PS4 (Reinstall System Software). If you select this option you will need the System Software stored on a USB device ready to install.IMPORTANT: All data and settings will be lost by performing this step including the system software. For more information and the system software download see http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/new-install/