Putting the console into Rest Mode
Click each step to see the action. You can also click the picture or use the arrow keys.
In rest mode, the screen is turned off but you can set the system to download files, or charge the controller from a USB port. When in Rest Mode, the power indicator blinks white, then glows orange. There will be no video output to the TV. To enter Rest Mode do one of the following:
- 1. From the PS4 Home screen Dashboard, scroll Up on the controller.
- 2. Scroll to Power and press the X button.
- 3. Scroll to Enter Rest Mode and press the X button.
- 4. Scroll to OK and press the X button.
- 5. You console will now go into Rest mode.
- 6. To configure functions in rest mode press Up on the Home screen Dashboard.
- 7. Scroll to Settings and press the X button.
- 8. Scroll to Power Saving Settings and press the X button.
- 9. Scroll to Set Functions Available in Rest Mode and press the X button.
Check the functions you wish to apply by scrolling to them and pressing the X button.